Webinar | October 26, 2022 – Copy
EWA Roundtable With Two Senior Executives in Vietnam and Thailand
Companies are increasingly diversifying their Operations and Supply Chain from China to improve future operational stability.
C-level executives are taking diversification actions because of current economic and geopolitical challenges in China, including COVID lockdowns, China/Taiwan/U.S. tension, US/China tariffs, rising Chinese labor and logistical costs, dependable transport to customer base, and an increasingly bureaucratic regulatory environment in China.
Why are companies considering Vietnam or Thailand?
Decision factors include:
- Continue to serve their customer bases in China and growing Southeast Asia
- Facilitate the export of products to customers in Europe and the U.S.
- Take advantage of favorable trade agreements to avoid China/U.S. tariffs
- Guarantee an available supply of raw material and component products
Ben Dobbs, Managing Director APAC at Alliance Laundry System LLC – Chon Buri, Thailand
- Co-Chairman of Manufacturing Committee, American Chamber in Thailand
- Chairman Eastern Seaboard Directors Club
Jacob Miller, Asia Managing Director – Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Former Supply Chain and Engineering Manager – GE & Honeywell China
- Former Supply Chain and Engineering Manager – CIATEQ & Conceptos Para el Hogar, Mexico
Topics included challenges and opportunities when establishing operations and supply in Thailand or Vietnam:
- Availability of raw materials and components
- Identification and qualification of local vendors
- Comparative labor rates and availability of technically skilled personnel
- Current business and regulatory environment
- Logistics & connectivity
- Industry sectors that relocate predominately to Thailand and Vietnam
- Covid travel restrictions and ease of doing business
- Availability and quality of existing lease facilities, greenfield sites and ability to customize
- Availability of government incentives, including tax, export and personnel training
Watch Our Webinar and Download Slides