A US Chemical company was negotiating a major joint venture with a local Chinese business partner and very concerned that asset theft could compromise sensitive merger negotiations.
- Development and implementation of a comprehensive training program outlining the various aspects of domestic, foreign and state sponsored industrial espionage.
- The training provided in-depth explanation of the following methods of corporate industrial espionage:
- Office – physical and IT areas of exposure
- Traveler’s computer/laptop/mobile device security
- Areas of exposure – immigration, hotels, meeting rooms, etc.
- Techniques imploded – Blackmail, Elicitation, Indigenous recruiting, Listening devices
- Technical surveillance operations
- Specific mitigation actions and tactics divided into before, during and after visit segments were presented to in-country staff and executive travelers
The joint venture negotiations team implemented asset theft prevention measures and the negotiations proceeded without complications