A manufacturer of returnable packaging materials for the automotive industry with stagnating sales engaged EWA to identify and qualify sources of business growth potential.
Step 1: 360° Opportunity Assessment
- An extensive review with the client of the construction and technical aspects of the current product portfolio, the market, adjacent verticals, competitor products & customer base.
Step 2: Opportunity Identification
- Identification and validation of 12 key industries as qualified verticals for expansion – based upon ease of adaptation, market size, growth potential and profit margin
- Total of 1300+ potential new customers
Step 3: Short-listing of 5 core industries of focus for a deep dive analysis
- Off Road Vehicles, HVAC, Outdoor Power Equipment, Pharmaceuticals, Consumer Electronics
- Total of 370 potential new customers
Step 4: Opportunity Leveraging
- EWA prioritized the top 10-12 companies per sector (sales channels, geographical location, etc.)
- EWA conducted an in-depth investigation of each company & senior management and then delivered a biographical summary and contact information for 63 companies
- The client signed contracts with 9 new business partners
- 13% increase in sales within 18 months