Webinar | November 9, 2022 – Copy
Is Southeast Asia, Mexico, or Central Europe a Potential Solution?If you’re manufacturing and/or sourcing in China, you’re probably experiencing:
- On-Site management and production delays due to China’s COVID travel restrictions.
- Tariffs and higher shipping costs exporting your components or products out of China.
- A business environment in China that’s increasingly challenging for U.S. companies.
- Increased costs of energy, materials and services.
- China labor rates have increased, on average, 8-10% per annum over the past 10 years.
SpeakersThe panel includes seasoned East West Associates consultants and the following two senior executives:
Andy Barnauskas, Vice President of Operations, Banner Engineering
Dave Burdakin, Executive Vice President and President of JBT AeroTech, JBT Corporation (NYSE: JBT)Our focus is on real-life pragmatic solutions based upon your individual concerns. Accordingly, we invite your questions prior to and during the Webinar, or even later offline for a private conversation.
- What are key considerations when relocating, closing, consolidating or upgrading factories in China? (e.g., operational, financial, personnel, equipment, physical security)
- What’s the trade agreement situation for the countries under consideration?
- What are important in-country factors?
- Labor cost and availability; engineering skill sets; partnerships with local trade schools, universities
- Local component and raw material availability
- Corruption index rankings
- Employee safety
- Manufacturing infrastructure (industrial parks, developers, leased spaces)
- Global shipping complications and freight costs
- Domestic market(s) for your manufactured products
- Government incentives
- Ease of establishing business entities and permitting
- Economic trends and general business-friendly environment