- As part of a global restructuring of business units, a multinational chemical company was closing one of their Chinese production facilities.
- EWA engaged as Project Leader with responsibility for closure implementation.
Six months prior to plant closure
- Closure strategy (budget, timing, expenditures, government relations, etc.)
- Defined implementation team (Operations, HR, Legal, Security, IT, etc.)
- Development of communication plans (staff, government, external, etc.)
- Security risk assessment (employee unrest, physical & IP assets theft, etc.)
Three months prior to plant closure
- Implementation of operational and protective security measures
- Finalized equipment & inventory disposition, decommissioning plant, etc.
- External stakeholder negotiations (governmental agencies, landlord, etc.)
- Obtain approvals from business zone, governmental authorities, etc.
- Identification of compliance and payment issues, severance packages
Upon plant closure and after
- Finalization of equipment disposition and plant demobilization
- Filing government documentation in keeping with the registration, business license, board resolutions
- Filing of all necessary financials, bank accounts, tax, VAT rebates, registered capital and customs documentation
- Competition of all de-registration and governmental documentation and plant turnover to the landlord
- No theft of IP assets, physical violence or governmental authority repercussions
- 100% of employees signed employment forms